What to do NOW…
- Set the date!
- Set your budget.
- Book your church or civil ceremony venue.
- Compile your guest list.
- Visit and book your reception venue.
- Research costs for flowers, transport and photographers.
- Choose the best man, ushers, bridesmaids and page boys.
- Start looking for your wedding dress and attendants’ outfits.
- If you’re feeling stressed already or just need a little guidance to get you going, consider consulting a professional wedding planner.
Six – Twelve months to go…
- Book the honeymoon.
- Book your florist.
- Book your transport and photographer.
- Book the entertainment for the reception.
- Begin a beauty regime.
- Consider taking out wedding insurance.
Three – Six months to go…
- Order your wedding cake.
- Order your wedding stationery.
- Choose your wedding rings.
- Book your wedding decorator for your ceremony and reception venues.
Three months to go…
- Book your hairdresser.
- Arrange wedding dress fittings.
- Consider booking a wedding day co-ordinator to oversee things on the day.
- Decide on your wedding flowers and meet with your florist.
- Shop for your honeymoon and going away clothes.
- Check that your hen and stag arrangements are all in hand.
Two months to go…
- Post your invitations. Give guests details of local hotels & accommodation.
- Choose presents for attendants.
- Buy all your accessories.
One month to go…
- Check your wedding dress and attendant outfits will be ready on time.
- Visit your hairdresser for a practice session.
Two weeks to go…
- Advise your reception venue and caterers of the final guest numbers.
One week to go…
- Reconfirm all bookings.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
The day before…
- Have your honeymoon luggage sent to the reception venue if required.
- Have a manicure.
On the day…
- Give yourself plenty of time to get ready.
- Enjoy your day – you’ve worked hard to get here!